This meal doesn’t need a fancy introduction. I mean, who doesn’t love a hearty, roast chicken with veggies?
This easy, no fuss roast chicken is perfect and absolutely delicious. Pair it with your fave root veggies and a salad and you have a clear winner on your plate.
This will make approximately 4 serves.
So here we go.
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 4 large carrots
- 1-2 parsnip
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 6-8 potatoes (to make it paleo or AIP friendly, substitute with sweet potato)
- Fresh or dried oregano and thyme
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup of bone broth
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180
- Dice your veggies
- Place chicken and veggies into one large oven safe pot
- Pour broth to base of pan
- Drizzle olive oil so everything is lightly coated
- Add herbs and seasoning
- Place some fresh lemon on chicken. You can also add some fresh lemon juice for extra flavour
- Cover the pot with a lid and leave in oven for 1 hour
- Remove the lid and leave for a further 30 minutes until chicken and veggies have turned golden with a slight crunch
And that’s all there is to it.